Employment Visas - Work Permits : VisaBali_com : Indonesia Immigration & Visa Information

Employment Visas - Work Permits

Locally know as KITAS, employment visas are for foreign nationals who want to work in Indonesia.

You will need a sponsorship from an Indonesian based company.

The sponsororing company must supply the following documents:

  • Copy of the company’s act
  • Copy of the company’s locality letter
  • Copy of the company’s tax number (NPWP)
  • Copy of the company’s business license letter (SIUP)
  • Organisation structure
  • Copy of the employee contract (for companies employing foreigner)
  • Copy of the director’s identity card
  • Copy of the report to the labor department adapted by UU no. 17, 1981
  • Copy of the KTP of an Indonesian work colleague
  • 20 company letter heads, signed by the company director, and stamped with the company stamp

You must supply the following documents:

  • Copy of the your passport
  • Curriculum Vitae and references
  • Passport sized photographs with red backgrounds (4 x 6 = 21 pcs, 3 x 4 = 8 pcs, 2 x 3 = 6 pcs)

If you want to include family members:

  • Copy of the wife’s and children’s passport
  • Copy of the marriage certificate
  • Copy of the children’s birth certificates
  • Passport sized photographs (4 x 6 = 12 pcs, 3 x 4 = 4 pcs, 2 x 3 = 4 pcs)
  • Copy of the family register

The above documents need to be send to Jakarta for approval. If your application is approved you will receiving a "telex visa", this process can take up 30 days before a decision is made and the visa granted. when the "telex visa" is issued you can apply for the real visa at the Indonesian embassy or consulate overseas, nearest to you. You need to pay in local currencies for the visa application and the duration of the visa process in the country where you apply for the visa is depending on the embassy /consulate.

When you get your visa , you must return to Indonesia and then report to immigration maximum 7 days within the arrival date. We can do all this for you and guide you in processing. The process can take up within 30 days in immigration offices, when finished you will recieve the following documents :

  1. KITAS, limited stay permit card
  2. Blue Book, control book from immigration
  3. Yellow Book, certificate from the police
  4. STM, report certificate from the police
  5. IKTA, working permit

The above documents are valid for one year and you will need to pay USD 1200 to the government.

What if I need to go overseas?

You must apply exit re-entry permit in immigration and paying fiscal duties directly at the airport; rp 1.000.000

Highway™ Bali Consulting Services has the local connections and experience to quickly and affordably arrange the correct visa for your requirement. We strongly advise you to visit our website or contact us for a free and no obligation first consultation if you need assistance with your Indonesian visa.

Tourist Visas
Business Visas
Employment Visas
Social Visas
Retirement Visas
Family & Dependent Visas
Home Page Immigration Links Immigration Consultant Ask Us A Question